Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Periodicals Guide!
Our Periodicals collection is located on the Lower Level of the library.
This guide will help you:
understand what periodicals are and how to use them
locate periodicals in the library
learn tips on navigating the periodicals collection.
What are Periodicals?
- Periodicals are texts such as magazines, newspapers, and journals that are published at regular, recurring intervals (yearly, monthly, weekly, etc.).
- Our Periodicals collection includes
- Journals: these are the books and magazines you see on the shelves. They have scholarly articles.
- Microform, which has two forms:
- Microfilm: a roll of film that contains images of journal/magazine/newspaper pages. You can use the library's microform reader to view the pages.
- Microfiche: a flat sheet of film that contains images of journal/magazine/newspaper pages. You can use the library's microform reader to view the pages.
- We have online periodicals and print periodicals. This guide focuses on print periodicals.
- Learn more about finding online sources at our Research Help guide.
What are Periodicals used for?
- You will mostly use them to help with research projects, such as papers and presentations.