Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ask a Librarian
Contact the Geisel Library Reference Desk
Fall Reference Hours
We're here to respond during...
M-Tu: noon - 10:00 p.m.
W-Th: noon - 4:30 p.m.
F: noon - 3:00 p.m.
Sa: noon - 5:00 p.m.
Preparing for Law School as an Undergraduate
What to do your Senior year:
- By August: register to take or re-take the LSAT in October.
- Send transcripts to CAS.
- Obtain application materials.
- Update your resume (work with the Career Development Center on this).
- Decide on safety, comprehensive, and reach schools.
- Schedule and appointment with faculty members writing your recommendation letters and distribute recommendation forms and deadline information.
- Attend the Law School Forum in Boston.
- Write a draft of your personal statement.
- Take or re-take the LSAT.
- Continue studying.
- Visit schools if you have a chance.
- Make final revisions to your personal statement.
- Complete and submit your application s(November 1 - December 1).
- Send first semester grades to the law schools via the Transcript Request Form to CAS.
- February-April: Wait...
- April 1
- Visit schools to which you have been accepted.
- As you receive decisions, decide whether you need to submit additional applications or investigate additional options.
- Update schools at which you have been wait listed or have not heard from yet on your latest GPA, any honors, senior thesis, etc.
- Visit schools to which you have been admitted; attend classes, speak with current students; receive Alumni Questionnaires; compare financial aid packages.