Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is ILL?
Interlibrary Loan (or ILL) is just what it sounds like: items are loaned between libraries.
ILL allows you to request items that you can't find in Library Catalog or our databases. We can almost always get you what you need - all you have to do is place an online request!
Our ILL system allows you to track your requests, check due dates, renew items, etc.
Your username and password are your SAC username and your SAC ID number (e.g., S12345), with S in upper case.
The first time you log into the system, you'll be asked to fill out a one-time registration form. (Edit your profile by clicking Change User Information in the left hand menu.)
Registration has three purposes:
- You won't have to enter your information again when making future requests.
- Having your e-mail enables us to notify you promptly when items arrive in the library.
- You can track your requests, renew items, and retrieve articles online.
General ILL Policies
- Before placing a request in this system, check that Geisel Library doesn't already own it.
- Books borrowed through ILL are subject to any policies or restrictions set by the lending library.
- Due dates must be strictly enforced.
- Every request is filled as quickly as possible. Items are subject to availability and the mail service may cause delays.
Email questions to the ILL Office
Phone: (603) 641-7303
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday—Friday