About this Guide
Welcome to your 'After School Explorations' library guide! Please become familiar with the content within the tabs above and use the info provided when you need it. The first few tabs will point you to appropriate books and articles. Next there is a tab with content that will help you with your team bibliography. This is a very important step in preparing your presentations. Another tab will provide information on evaluating websites.
Nancy "Sam" Urtz
Saint Anselm College
Using Saint Anselm College Library Materials
Library books and journals are for use only by Saint Anselm College students and by researchers such as yourselves who sign into the library system while visiting our campus. Therefore, while here on Mondays, you should make the most of your time by consulting library resources rather than internet search engines like Google. Your student mentors and I will assist you in locating, copying, printing and emailing useful materials from the Geisel Library's collections. I look forward to working with you all during the coming year!
Using Manchester City Library Materials
Please also remember that the Manchester City Library - located at 405 Pine Street and 76 N. Main Street - is also here to serve you. They have a very large collection of biographical material and can help you too. If you do not yet have a library card, I encourage you to get one (bring proof of residency).
|Main Library hours|
|West Community Library hours|
Using Manchester School District Library Materials
English Language Learner Reference Center (ELLRC)
This multi-purpose information resource is designed for middle and high school students and anyone that is new to the English language. Check to see if there is useful information there about your portraits.
To access ELLRC, please contact your school's ELL coordinator or your school librarian. id: MWHS pass: library
Geisel Library - Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive
Manchester, NH 03102
- Gotten to know one another through fun exercises and activities
- Introduction to Saint Anselm College
- Introduction to The Humanities
- Tour of the Geisel Library
- Introduction to library research
- Accessing and navigating the Library Guide
- Why use library sources rather than Google
- Begin research by exploring online encyclopedias
- Review guidelines for December 'mini-presentations'
- Importance of proper citation - Plagiarism & MLA
- Register and learn to use EasyBib
- Find book chapters
- Attend presentation about 'presentation skills'
- Work on a poster to be displayed on December 9
- Prepare further for the mini-presentations on December 9
- Find journal articles
- Work on presentations
- Practice public speaking