What is EndNote Online ?
EndNote Online (formerly called EndNote Web) allows you to conveniently compile a list of sources -- as you identify them -- and save them immediately into your own personal database.
Use EndNote Online to:
- Organize references and citations
- Format bibliographies and manuscripts into any style you need (APA, MLA, Chicago, and many more)
- Create in-text references or footnotes within your papers. Cite-While-You-Write interacts with Microsoft Word
- Import references automatically from many library databases, publisher web sites & Google Scholar (use RefManager style)
- Share your references with other EndNote Web users
- Attach PDFs or Word files to your references
ENO can be used on its own, or in conjuction with EndNote Desktop, which is a more robust application available for download.
To see the differences between EndNote Online and EndNote Desktop, please see the comparison chart from EndNote.
To install EndNote Desktop, contact the IT Help Desk. Please note that PC and Mac versions are available.
EndNote Online - Intro (3:52 minutes)
Create An Account
Go to myendnoteweb - from any on-campus computer.
- On the EndNote Web Logon page , click on the Sign Up link to create an account.
- Fill in each field with an asterisk. These are required fields.
- Use your college email address.
- The password you create must be at least 8 characters long and must contain at least one number and one symbol (password is case sensitive).
About EndNote Desktop
Please consult the Geisel Guide for EndNote Desktop to learn more about this related citation manager.